Eco Dye Progress

Here are the results from the eco dye experiment of a a couple of weeks ago.

I was worried about the green string, but it actually adds a lot of interest. Too bad it's probably not eco-friendly dye. 

Now, just to see what would happen, I've put them all into the rusty old iron pot. The liquid is rain water and some white vinegar. I probably should have torn each piece in half, so I could compare before and after. I'm sure I'll get better at this. For now, I just want to have some fun. I don't want to get bogged down in record keeping yet. Once I start to have more of a feel for it all, then I'll start keeping meaningful notes. 


Today I finally realized it really is summer. But I don't fully trust it yet. If I wake up tomorrow and it's so cold I want to turn on the heat, I won't be surprised.